I can’t be arsed to do an entertaining blurb for this week’s episode so here come the bullet points again.
- Rachel Homan won the World Women’s Curling Championships. I insist on continuing to call it the World Women’s Curling Championships because that’s stupid phrasing. This in no way stops me from phrasing everything I say throughout the 30-minute episode stupidly.
- Yes, we devote time to discussing whether Rachel Homan hugged Emma Miskew after winning. (I don’t want to spoil it.)
- Given that his approach just achieved a considerable international success, I make fun of Adam Kingsbury a lot.
- Various fashion Choices are discussed in detail.
- There was not much women’s soccer. We do say the words “Adriana Leon” at one point. NWSL is going to start someday presumably, though you can never be sure.
- We talk about a U-18 curling tournament in St. Albert, and a mixed doubles event in Brantford. Look it was one of those weeks? Yeah Rachel Homan won the world women’s but all her games were at Fuck Off o’clock! I accidentally fell asleep during the final! Twice!
- Then right at the end of the episode we remember the men’s Worlds are happening this coming week so we talk about them for a short time.
And we don’t mention it at all in the podcast, because it hadn’t happened yet, but I’m going to embed this video of Sophie Schmidt’s scorching goal for 1. FFC Frankfurt anyway because both it and her Lawrence of Arabia-style motorcycle goggles are well worth seeing.
— WomensSoccerUnited (@WSUasa) March 28, 2017
Anyway, follow 99 Friendship on Twitter.