On this week’s fabulous episode of 99 Friendship:
- A new NWSL season would mean a new week of women’s-club-soccer-featuring-Canadians excitement, if we had watched much of the first week of the NWSL, which we didn’t.
- The Grand Slam of Curling continued its slamminess. Val Sweeting won curling’s Rogers Cup, which there is no independent evidence of the existence of but was definitely mentioned by Rob Faulds. She also got Chelsea Carey, who was not at this event, into the Olympic trials. I was going to say “it makes sense in context” but I’m not sure it does?
- Also Jennifer Jones won. We can go back to hating Rachel Homan now; it is therapeutic.
- Apparently Colleen Jones (no relation) is representing Canada at the world senior curling championships in Lethbridge. My voice rises an octave when we talk about this.
- Colin Hodgson’s hair happened.
- Four of those five bullet points were curling. Deal with it.
Follow 99 Friendship on Twitter.