This is a very special 99 Friendship because it is the first 99 Friendship in which Carolyn and I were both in the same room, instead of having a Skype call between us and her cat.
Is this a good thing? It’s harder to edit (because Carolyn and I aren’t on different channels so I can’t cut everything she says). If anything the sound quality, especially when I speak, is worse, even though I brought my enormous USB microphone and we were both talking into that. There’s just too much echo and we’re too far away.
- Almost eight minutes of curling talk. I’m serious. I didn’t think we could do it. I was wrong.
- A brief review of Santa Clarita and Calgary’s UWS derby last week! Exciting!
- oh yeah Canada played Costa Rica twice, at home, and I was at both of them and Carolyn was at the Toronto one. This is probably worth twenty minutes of our time. The conversation ranges very freely since, instead of meditating on our thoughts and writing notes, we went to the pub, got four hours of sleep, ate some Tim Horton’s, then recorded a podcast. It’s gonzo podcasting! I’m going insane with sleep deprivation! Soccer trips are fantastic, I love them.
- I work in a reference to John Terry. This is not likely to happen again, cherish it.
- Finally, we conclude by discussing glamourous Canada 150 friendlies that would be much more interesting than Canada MNT versus Jamaica in Toronto on Labour Day long weekend. We come up with good ones if you’re a massive canwoso nerd, and if you’re listening you presumably are!
It was nice to meet literally multiple people in Toronto who said they listened to the show, so thanks for giving us some of your time. The knowledge that people click on that little triangle down there makes the time we sink into this worthwhile. Please, if you don’t already, follow 99 Friendship on Twitter.